Reasons to Use Certified Sheet Metal Workers
Toronto Sheet Metal Contractors Association, usually referenced by the acronym TSM is a not-for-profit trade association. TSM is an association of contractors whose affairs and activities are controlled by a board of directors comprised of contractor members or their appointed representative.
- TSM serves the needs of contractors of all sizes engaged in the business of manufacturing, installing, servicing, and maintaining of all sheet metal work associated with air handling systems and directly related processes.
- TSM has had a distinguished role in establishing the contributions of skill, quality and reliability of its members' performance in the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (ICI) Sector of the Ontario construction industry.
- TSM is the accredited employer bargaining agency and is responsible for the negotiations for and administration of the collective agreement between TSM, the Ontario Sheet Metal Workers' and Roofers' Conference and the Sheet Metal Workers International Association.
- TSM represents its members in all national, provincial and corporate issues which directly affects its membership. In conjunction with and through its membership in other associations having similar interests and concerns, TSM makes representations to all levels of government on the impact and consequence of legislative changes and amendments.
- TSM's membership totals almost 100 contractor members representing geographic regions in the Greater Toronto Area. TSM by-laws also provide for non-voting associate membership providing a forum for increased co-operation and communication with suppliers to the sheet metal industry.